Who is it for?
Senior Leadership Teams in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools and Academies, LA teams and Governing Bodies.
What is it about?
Unity offers a structured framework for leadership and team development, based around four key themes. The framework explores and takes account of current performance with the aim of supporting the development and increased effectiveness of the team to create consistently high performance.
The themes within the framework can be adapted to suit the context, needs and priorities of your school and your leadership team. This allows you to tailor Unity to the specific needs and priorities of your leadership team.
The themes are:
- Learning as a team - How do leadership skills, qualities and behaviors influence leadership practice?
- Developing as a team How does the team interact and what influences the quality of team relationships?
- Improving as a team What is the team trying to achieve and where and with whom do responsibilities lie?
- Performing as a team How do beliefs, values and vision influence team priorities and performance?
Unity is offered as full days or half days and it is expected the sessions will enable a leadership team to reflect on its performance and build a commitment to action. The length and time scale is determined by the team to reflect their availability, needs and budget.
What will I get out of it?
- Achieve clarity about the key objectives and recognise the strengths that already exist in the school, achievements to date, and the opportunities and challenges
- Increased understanding of the dynamics of the team and how to enhance performance
- Strengthen working relationships, building trust openness and respect
- Develop different perspective and identity support to achieve your goals and overcome obstacles
- Re-affirm the team focus on achieving your expressed goals in agreed timeframes
"Many thanks to John. He made it very special. I was particularly apprehensive about this programme but he managed to dispel these fears and concerns. Very much appreciated" Stuart Mcleod, Southwell Primary School, Portland.
"It was a very successful two days for me. I often go back to school and say "parts of the course were useful" in this case, the whole experience was worthwhile."- Paul Green, Royal Manor Arts College, Portland.